Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Battle Cry for Teachers of the 21st Certury

Let me just admit it now ...I am a google and you tube junkie. I stumbled upon this while doing another search and felt it resonate in terms of my renewed determination to stick with teaching. Over the past 25 years there have been many times when I felt the demands and expectations of teaching were too high. At others times I was rittled with self doubt about my ability to meet the needs of the learners, expectations of administrators and concerns of the parents. In 2002 I decided I'd had enough and stepped back, substituting instead for five years. This led me to working with Karen Wallace who helped me to see that perhaps Resource was where I belonged. Over the past four years I've had my ups and downs but today I feel stronger then ever that our most vunerable students need champions. They need teachers who will advocate for them, facilite the development of the student's "voice", and stand up and fight for their needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment