Sunday, July 18, 2010

Getting on Board with Boardmaker Plus

Boardmaker Plus is an amazing tool for supporting the communication and learning needs of special populations. There is even capacity for low vision and sign language. The fact that switches and scanning can be used makes it fantastic for even those with minimal physical ability. I do have to say that the text reading voices are disappointing and remind me of those in Word Q. I also found the clip art somewhat limiting and outdated although there is the ability to import images and photos which is great.
My work with AT this summer is timely as my new job in September will have me working with very high needs Gr.10-12 students. I haven’t had a lot of experience with Boardmaker so I now have the basis to begin to use it with this population. I see endless uses for all the uses of the visual supports, schedules and adapted curriculum materials. I like that there are ready made templates to adapt to my own uses.
I was very lucky to have Darlene around to help me through the rough spots but the tutorial and Help menu was also good.



No comments:

Post a Comment