Sunday, July 18, 2010

Frayed and Frazzled on Friday

After two intensive jam-packed weeks of learning (and teaching) our class kinda hit the wall on Friday. We all struggled with patience and focus and tried to remain upbeat. Some of you seemed to have more success with this then I did. Maybe it was the heat, the late nights or just school-year-end fatigue catching up, but I couldn’t cram in any more. My little ADHD brain was fried.

My buddy Darlene did double duty and pulled me along as best as she could. Saturday morning found her at my door in Windsor at 9:30 to begin work on our group projects for both classes. We set up duelling laptops side-by-side at my dining room table and cranked the air conditioner. By 4:40 we were done in ...if not done all the work we’d hope to accomplish. We agreed on tasks to complete independently and Darlene headed back to Canning.

We’ve all learned/worked/accomplished so much in a short time. It has been a privilege to share this experience with such a diverse and committed bunch of professionals. I know we could learn a lot more from each other but our time together will soon be coming to an end and as much as I’m looking forward to the R&R I will have some regret in knowing that many of us may not cross paths again.

No comments:

Post a Comment